Where does your belief lay?
- Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C. G. Jung, ‘I do not believe, I know!
- Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. De facto theist. ‘I cannot know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there.’
- Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. Technically agnostic but leaning towards theism. ‘I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.’
- Exactly 50 per cent. Completely impartial agnostic. ‘God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.’ Lower than 50 per cent but not very low.
- Technically agnostic but leaning towards atheism. ‘I don’t know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be sceptical.’
- Very low probability, but short of zero. De facto atheist. ‘I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there.’
- Strong atheist. ‘I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung “knows” there is one.”
via Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Mine swings between 5 and 6. Don’t know if it will change after reading Richard Dawkins’ “The God Delusion” or maybe the Bible? I always struggle about the idea of God. Even if I can accept the concept, I think it’s definitely far from the description of the Bible.